Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Building the floor.

Made some small progress over the last few days. Life has been getting in the way a bit, so the progress slowed.

I was able to get the first levels floor done. I built it out of bass wood with the help of a couple jigs to hols everything secure while I built it.

Once the assembly was complete, I decided to add some plumbing to get more visual interest. I cut more scrap sprue and drilled it out again. I attached this to the underside of the floor joist with CA glue.



















For the finish on the floor I wanted a really worn and aged look, so with several washes and some dry brushing with different tones of brown I was able to achieve the look that I am happy with.....for now.