Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Refinishing the Base

To begin refinishing of this base, I removed all the old ivy, propaganda posters, and grass. The ivy had to go as it was falling apart and the days of using herbs to simulate it are long over. The posters were removed to all the much needed mortar to the brick joints.






The original base had far to little rubble for the size of the hole in the wall, so to help remedy that issue I added more crushed concrete and bricks to the base.






I was never happy with how it looked behind the wall, it was to empty and really had no interest to it. To fix this problem I have begun to sculpt a tree using Magic Sculpt modeling putty. This adds interest to this side of the base and ties it all together by growing over the brick wall.




At this point, I have begun to fill in some colors on the rubble piles. Using pastels I have blended the rubble and bricks together.





When I sculpted the original street lamp, I did not quite have the scale down yet and it ended up rather short. I began to build a new lamp from scratch using Evergreen plastic tube and rod. I also used select pieces from MiniArt street lamp  set.


This is all for now, stay tuned for more!